Elite Dangerous - Should I buy it?

Elite: Dangerous game-play, hints and tips (with a special members only trading route list)
Hanz

Elite Dangerous - Should I buy it?

Post by Hanz » Sat Mar 14, 2015 1:23 am

Looking at it and like title says looking at purchasing. I'm asking is it really arcade like or does it feel a bit like a sim? Is it going to be something that I buy and due to my job giving me irregular playing hours/days in a month or so time everyone stops playing when I just start getting into it? (like planetside 2). Does it use track IR? Also should I get bf4 or just wait till the next one comes out to play with you guys?
And so then the fireman says, "That won't even fit in my scrotum!"

"Ugly bob, your face looks like someone tried to put out a forest fire with a screw driver."

What if you accidentally the whole banana?

XMadMarkX
Site Admin

Re: Should I buy it?

Post by XMadMarkX » Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:37 am

I'm not going to tell you to buy it, I'm just going to say I luv the game I for one will be playing this game for some time.
I know some of the other guy will say Buy Battlefield Hardline instead but many of us aren't getting BFH I don't like the crappy game myself.

To answer your question about TrackIR, yes it does use TrackIR, infact if I could afford it I'd be getting it myself. Maybe when I get my tax I'll get it.
Its not arcadey it is a sim.
It has a pretty steep learning curve in the beginning but once you get the hang of it you will be fine.
However it does require lots of money ( cr ) ingame credits to advance your ships and weapons and others, this requires work and some people seam not to want to do the work.

If you do decide to get the game you will get lots of help as we have helped many of the new guys to the game the same will happen for you. :D
An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
(Mahatma Gandhi)